Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Internet Grace

A couple years ago, I stumbled upon this blog through another blog I was reading at the time.  Since then I've mostly stopped reading that other blog - a number of other blogs have proven uninteresting over the long haul as well - but I keep coming back to Christine's.   Its the wit, insight, humor, all around excellent writing ,and - as I mentioned in this post - a perspective on the world quite different from my own that keeps me coming back. 

A few months ago, I preached from 1 Corinthians 6, the only sermon I've preached dedicated solely to the topic of sex.  That same week I read this post on Christine's blog and it was formative in the way I went about preparing my sermon that week.  So I invited her to listen in on my podcast.  From that invitation has arisen a continuing email discussion that has been beneficial and enriching; truly a means of grace to me.

A few weeks ago, Christine invited me to join her in a writing project on her blog.  Our collaboration has now been posted and you can read it at this link.  I hope you'll check it out and then spend some time reading some of Christine's other writing as well. 

No comments: